Tuesday, May 19, 2015

A Story of How God Worked in a Mysterious Way...

I was reading in the Book of Mormon student manual this morning and came across this beautiful story of how God worked in a mysterious way and it changed a mans life. This story brought tears to my eyes and it was another witness of how incredible the Book of Mormon is and how it changes lives.

President James E. Faust related an experience shared by Elder F. Burton Howard of the Seventy that demonstrates the converting power of the Book of Mormon:
“Sister Celia Cruz Ayala of the Puerto Rico San Juan Mission decided to give the Book of Mormon to a friend. She wrapped it in attractive paper and set out to deliver her present.

“On the way she was attacked by a bandit who stole her purse and with it the wrapped copy of the Book of Mormon. A few days later she received this letter:

“‘Mrs. Cruz:

“‘Forgive me, forgive me. You will never know how sorry I am for attacking you. But because of it, my life has changed and will continue to change. That book [the Book of Mormon] has helped me in my life. The dream of that man of God has shaken me. … I am returning your five pesos for I can’t spend them. I want you to know that you seemed to have a radiance about you. That light seemed to stop me [from harming you, so] I ran away instead.

“‘I want you to know that you will see me again, but when you do, you won’t recognize me, for I will be your brother. … Here, where I live, I have to find the Lord and go to the church you belong to.

“‘The message you wrote in that book brought tears to my eyes. Since Wednesday night I have not been able to stop reading it. I have prayed and asked God to forgive me, [and] I ask you to forgive me. … I thought your wrapped gift was something I could sell. [Instead,] it has made me want to make my life over. Forgive me, forgive me, I beg you.

“‘Your absent friend.’

“Such is the conversion power of the Book of Mormon” (in Conference Report, Apr. 1996, 58; or Ensign, May 1996, 42).

Again, this is another witness of the power of the Book of Mormon and ultimately, the power of God. I hope this strengthens your testimony as it did mine. We are a blessed people and God is so mindful of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment