Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Delicious Healthy No-Bake Cookies


Sometimes I am just in the mood for chocolate.

Before I decided to not eat processed sugars I loved no-bake cookies (we called them moose-poops at my house :) ) and I missed them because I didn't eat the sugar they had in them.

After searching Google for a recipe, I found a few recipes that I combined to make the best recipe that is delicious and not bad for your body!  My family loves them too. They taste basically the same as 'regular' no-bake cookies, they just aren't chuck full of un-healthy sugars. Yummy!

Recipe: (Vegan and Gluten-Free)
Yield: 14-16 cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 26 minutes - including cooling time

Ingredients:

1/2 cup agave nectar
1/3 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey's. I also used a little less than 1/3 cup so it wasn't so rich)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter (or almond)
2 cups gluten-free rolled oats (I used 1-minute oatmeal as the oat flakes were smaller and easier to chew)
1/3 cup un-sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt

Directions:

1. In a medium saucepan, mix together agave and cocoa powder. Heat over medium heat until combined. Stir in almond milk and coconut oil and bring to a boil. Continue stirring and boil for one minute.

2. Remove pan from heat and stir in almond butter, oats, coconut, vanilla extract, and salt.

3. Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop cookies onto wax paper. Let the cookies set up for about 20 minutes in the refrigerator before serving. Store the cookies in an air-tight container in refrigerator for up to one week.

Note-You can use honey instead of the agave if you don't need to make vegan cookies. You can also use regular rolled oats if you don't need the cookies to be gluten-free. You can also replace the almond milk with your favorite milk. And you can also swap peanut butter for the almond butter. These cookies are very adaptable! Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment