Friday, June 12, 2015

Blueberry Omm Nomm Nomm Muffins

Omm nomm nomm is about all I can say about these blueberry muffins I made. I haven't had a blueberry muffin - or a muffin at all in that matter - in a year or two.

I'm trying to expand my horizions in the food area, and boy these muffins sure did expand them!

I hope if you are gluten-free or cutting down on wheat you will enjoy these as much as my family and I have. I made 24 mini ones and 6 big ones and all but 6 were left in less than the hour I made them - you can tell my family liked them. :)

RECIPE:

Agave Sweetened Blueberry Muffins
Ingredients
  • Ingredients
  • 1¾ c apple sauce
  • ⅓ c oil (I use olive)
  • ½ c agave nectar
  • 1¾ c gluten free flour (I use Bob's Redmill All Purpose GF Flour)
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp salt
  • About 1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen)
Instructions
  1. Instructions
  2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
  3. In a large bowl, mix together apple sauce, oil and agave.
  4. In a small bowl, sift together flour, soda, baking powder, and salt.
  5. Mix dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and stir until well-combined.
  6. *Prepare a muffin tin. Pour ⅓ of desired amount of batter into each muffin section, then add a layer of 5-6 blackberries, then add one more layer of batter, and one more layer of blackberries, and, finally, cover the second blackberry layer with the remainder of batter. Your muffins should have two layers of blackberries in them when they are finished.
  7.  Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown, then carefully cover the tin top with foil and bake for additional 5-7 minutes to make sure that the insides of the muffins are done. These muffins turn out soft and slightly moist. For thicker consistency, reduce the amount of apple sauce by ¼ cup.
*As I said, I made 24 mini-muffins. So I did 1/3 batter then 1 blueberry, more batter and a blueberry on top. I had left over batter so made 6 big muffins with about 10 blueberries per muffin. The mini muffins only needed about 12 minutes in the oven and the big muffins 17-20.

Instead of butter, I made a blueberry syrup to go on top of the muffins to make them even better!




No comments:

Post a Comment