Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Most Wonderful, Sweet Salad Dressing

Due to the high sugar in a lot of salad dressings these days, I decided it was about time (in February) to make my own salad dressing. I'm a big fan of strawberry-spinach salad, so I tried to find a recipe to go well with that. I found a recipe where I liked everything but the sugar... so I made it and replaced sugar with Agave-sweetner to fit my needs.

I always keep a bottle of this handy and could probably drink this dressing it is so good. I hope you like it as much as I do. I use it almost every day!

Recipe:
Yield: 1 1/4 cups
Time: 3 minutes

For the Dressing:
Ingredients:
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use Olive)
1/4 cup white wine vinegar (I used plain white vinegar)
1/2 cup white sugar (I use a little more than 1/4 cup of agave to make it healthier)
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds

Directions:
Combine all ingredients together and store in fridge or serve and enjoy! Lasts for several weeks in fridge.

For the Salad:
I get whatever greens we have (spinach or a mixed package - the darker the leaves the better) and put them in a bowl. I cut up a few strawberries (depending on how big the salad), a mango, and some blueberries and combine them with the greens. I top it off with pecans and dressing and bon appétit!


No comments:

Post a Comment